I am a multidisciplinary social researcher based in Newcastle upon Tyne, with interests in social science, technology, and rare diseases.
At present, I am a PhD student at Newcastle University. I previously worked in translational neuromuscular research for the TREAT-NMD Alliance.
My published research (Google Scholar) spans topics as varied as:
- Whether public attitudes towards immigration are driven by economic or cultural factors
- The implementation of best-practice care practices for adults living with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)
- How rare disease patient organisations utilise technology to campaign around accessible transport
- Experiences of mobility and accessibility amongst users of powered wheelchairs
- How patients and clinicians view home-based and wearable technologies to improve care in cystic fibrosis
My personal interests include international relations, history, travelling, music, photography and technology. You can find me on Twitter @sunildvr.