I am a multidisciplinary social researcher with broad interests across social science, technology, and rare diseases. I am currently writing up my PhD at Newcastle University. I previously worked on translational neuromuscular research projects in the TREAT-NMD Alliance.
I have published research in HCI, health, and social science on topics including:
- Whether public attitudes towards immigration are driven by economic or cultural factors
- The implementation of best-practice care for adults living with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)
- How rare disease patient organisations use technology to campaign on the issue of accessible transport
- Experiences of mobility and accessibility amongst users of powered wheelchairs
- How patients and clinicians view home-based and wearable technologies to improve care in cystic fibrosis
My personal interests include international relations, history, travelling, music, photography and technology. You can find me on Twitter @sunildvr.